Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

"The One"

Disclaimer: This post is not about finding "The One". It is more about how we are all our own unique individuals and how this impresses me.

Well friends, I made some of my goals. Ron and I did make a gingerbread house, and we were going to post pictures but currently do not have a device that will take pictures the way we want them to be taken. I did NOT make the plate of goodies. I did make spritz cookies (something my mom did growing up, I can now appreciate why she hated making them) and Ron and I ate all of the batch (oops!). I did visit my best friend in town. I talked to her for like 4.5 hours. Oh how I miss my best friends! Their children are growing up so fast and I miss talking to them, especially that I will now be in a similar stage of life (although having multiple children won't be in the picture for at least 2 more years with us). Still having a child brings lots of things to relate about, something I have been looking forward to since I got married. I could literally write pages about this, but will spare you all that fortune.
We did not make it to the temple before Christmas, and I am still pondering about what I want to give Christ this year. There are a lot of things I have thought about, but have not solidified one to be of the right criteria.

So onto what really inspired this post....."The One".
I have been following this blog for at least 6 months (I found it by accident one day and have kept reading.) I like her inspirations and really appreciate how organized her thoughts are. Today she talked about meeting up with a friend in Durham (NC for all who don't know where that is). She hyper-linked it and I started reading her website too. After about an hour of reading (it was great to read someone else's birth story....makes me excited...and makes Ron laugh at me. Love that man) I went to some of the blogs she follows and stumbled upon a great chef and photographer. I didn't really have a chance to explore her blog more, but I am excited to excavate and discover what gems are there.





http://www.personal.psu.edu/afr3/blogs/SIOW/National-Geographic-Magazine-illustre-le-monde-en-video-7-Billion-4%5B1%5D.jpg


I have never really felt that I write well and this is why: I don't get to the point fast enough for what I think others want. It hit me just how unique everyone is in this world, with our 7+ billion population, not to mention the billions that have already lived. When I reading the blog of the person in Durham, NC, she mentioned her anxiety about having a child and working full-time. She discussed how she didn't have a role model for that: her mom was a stay at home mother who cooked wholesome meals and watched over her children. I find that so fascinating. I had just the opposite. My mother choose to work full-time from the time I was at least 4 years old and would have worked more had we not been in a foreign country with the Army. By the time I was 7, she had to work full-time because my parents divorced. Well, she went to school for a couple of years and then worked full-time. When my sisters were in high school she worked a second job to have more money and to take care of their needs (we all played sports and that can be expensive even when you are being frugal). This blogger didn't elaborate much about her childhood, but I sat for a second to think about what that would have been like to have a mother at home all the time. The woman who took care of me if I was sick passed away a year ago. She was the stay at home mom who had great meals and priceless advice. Even to the last time I spoke with her, she was still her amazing self. Interestingly enough, she was a stay at home because her husband grew up in a divorced family where his mom worked full time to provide for her kids and he never wanted his children to have to experience the same loneliness and independence (not a great thing sometimes) that he was forced to experience growing up.
As to the food blogger, it looks like she has never had children and I am not sure if she is married. Two things very common in society today. But so different from me. And I don't share this observation with criticism: I share my thoughts because I am intrigued as to what makes people tick. Why do people do what they do? Why do some people have an innate desire to populate the earth, while others are scared to death with the idea, while some are just not ready and they want that some time in their life, but not sure if now is the right time? Honestly, it fascinates me how this is. I guess I should mention I have spent the last 10 years studying this in depth, and I still have very few answers. But, I do care to share one observation: There are thousands of things behind why people are who they are and what they do. I will never know the full answer to the my questions, and I am learning to accept that.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj4KZyCj-7hNDiz1u3tzzQ6_kdJwiYiW5ZiFN1t-6MkCM7g0DLKZrEzoR0uhbDyTKjd6uyg76Sp4Ikp2G_98xtHb_HryOdLRyxB5B44CtBHMj0O4kEKXlULhcycvJsosXzd1cPAi1AXVWwF/s1600/one_web.jpg


So- That was my one musing for the day: "The One".

Stay tuned: I am going to write more tomorrow (hopefully).


1 comment:

  1. You are a better writer than you give yourself credit for. I clicked on your blog yesterday, saw how long it was and decided against it. I waited until now, when I had more time to read it and ponder. So, it isn't about length or how long you get to a point (for me, at least) it is about the time frame I have or even the mood I am in that day. Write your heart out, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete