Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The World is ENDING!

Well, I figured I should write a post since the world is going to end in 8 days!! :D I think this whole Mayan calendar/ Nostradamus/ dooms day / whatever else you want to believe in, are all kind of funny to me. Don't get me wrong, I actually do believe that eventually the world as we know it today will end, but it is my belief that it will be because of the coming of the Savior. Anyway, regardless of what you believe I think we should all still be pretty hopeful.

I've done a decent amount of research on the whole 12/21/12 thing and from everything I have found is that IF something does happen it is only going to be something to move us forward, not stop us in our tracks. Just because the Mayan calendar ends does not mean its the end of the world. They where very intelligent people who aligned everything they did with the starts and since the calendar had to end somewhere why not end it on a time that is significant to them; the ushering of a new age?

I do not see any reason why people need to be frighted, no matter what they believe. Sure, it is good to save and stock up in case a situation happens where you can't go to the store, but I don't think it needs to get to the point of expecting it. Doesn't this remind you of the Cold War?

In the Cold War almost everyone was certain there would be a nuclear fallout. They believe the world would start setting off nuclear bombs and would end all life as they knew it. It went so far as to have everyday people buying bomb shelters and and stocking up food supplies to last them for months. Some researchers even say it was a merical that we never actually got to that point and in some instances was only one button push away from launching the missiles themselves. To me, these people had much more of a reason to worry. They saw that it could happen any day and began preparing, but even int hat "sure" circumstance the threat never happened. Which leads me to think that the end is not as predictable as we may wish to believe. The bible tells us it will come as a "thief in the night" implying that nobody will know, and isn't that the point? If we knew when the end was coming we would all prepare and "Change our ways", but God doesn't want deathbed repentance. He want full and true repentance.

Ultimately, I think we just need to chill and relax a little. We should be preparing for the end constantly so if the end should come sooner or later you should be the person you want to be and have prepared for the future.

2 comments:

  1. Good post Ronaldo. I agree!

    Also, I see how it is. I'm not one of your favorite people...it's okay, I get it. It's whatevs...

    ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thanks Manny, I just think it's all kind of funny. And you know I love you. :P

      Delete