Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Anniversary

I was reading a friends’ blog today and realized that I never wrote about out our first year of marriage. Here are some of the highlights: Got married in the wonderful, beautiful Castle of Logan, Utah. It was a beautiful day and almost all my extended family were able to witness it. It was truly a beautiful day. So grateful I got to make promises with my bestest friend! August, 2011- Went to Portland, OR for a belated mini honeymoon/vacation. We went to Seaside, and visited Tillamook (thank you Serena for an anti-climactic event). We also drove over a four day weekend and I loved Portland. On our way back, I started feeling like we should not live in Provo anymore and that I should graduate and focus on putting Ron through school. Within two weeks, I graduated, and we moved to Pleasant Grove. October, 2011- Lived in a beautifully, spacious apartment. Ron and I were both working full-time and it was great. Felt like we should move to a less expensive place and we moved into a basement apartment about 1.5 miles from where we lived. Have loved our ward here and felt like we should settle down here until Ron was out of school. Life was great. Also, Ron graduated from Provo College with his Associates degree in Graphic and Web Design. Pretty Awesome! November 2011- Had Thanksgiving together and I got a new job! Goodbye Digis! December 2011- Went to see Oklahoma! It looks so much like where my parents live in Missouri, that I thought I was there, but it wasn’t. Ron and I got to celebrate in the traditions of the Beck Family Christmas and I LOVED LOVED LOVED it. We found out that my oldest sister in law was moving back to Utah (Hooray for us) and it was just a great time to be around family and goodness. I love my in-laws. They are a totally ‘normal’ family, with quirks and personalities that make life colorful, but I just love the spirit about them. And my husband is amazing, so I am really glad that I like my in-laws. January 2012- Got to go see Brian Reagan live. It was a great evening. I have heard some of his stuff before, but I think his live stuff was great. I was a little nervous, but this past all odds. Ron started school part-time at Utah Valley University (UVU) and it was fun. End of January, Ron lost his job and things got a little tight for a while. May 2012- Ron started his second semester at UVU and I got a new job! Goodbye crazy PcCareSupport. Pretty much, life calmed down and things could not have been better. My new job is doing accounts receivable for an insulation company. June 2012- Ron got this awesome job doing sampling. It is really flexible and even though it kind of cuts into our weekend a little, it is nice to have some extra doe! Oh and Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment