Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

"Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh"

It is so amazing to me how clear the past really is, how much living in the present is a challenge and how unpredictable the future really is.

I feel I have been reminiscing often lately and would like to invite you on a quick journey.

Today: Tried to find the location of a building and got side tracked on a video from a childhood friend. His younger siblings are really my good friends but I spent a lot of time at his house growing up because he was my oldest sister's best friend. It is a beautiful tale of a family dear to my heart. There are more memories caught up in this one family than I can write in a whole book. Unfortunately, at this time, my memory is shot and will not do justice to them. Needless to say, I am grateful for them.

Yesterday: Going through old messages on facebook and finding out what people really thought of me. I have a friend I have known for over 10 years and she wrote a journal entry about how we became friends and how she felt that I was one of the only people who didn't give up on her. How could I ever give up on her? Or on any one? I will say this: I find it easy to give up on things that are not giving energy back, positive or negative. There are certain people in my life that I will always communicate with, even after they pass this life. I believe these people know who they are, but some might not. This is not the time, nor the venue in which I will say who they are, but I am grateful for them! For their loving friendships and support. Sometimes older, sometimes the same, sometimes younger.

A couple of days ago: Staring at a picture that was taken literally minutes after I was sealed to my eternal companion. It sits on my desk right next to my computer at work. We looked so good as a couple. Happiness radiated from our smiles and excitement for what lay ahead. We had no idea what we were getting into. Not the marriage thing, because I could not ask for a better marriage. But the trials and stresses that would come along the way. Didn't expect those. Still not sure of what the future holds, but keeping things in a balance and realizing there is a greater plan already out there and is waiting to be explored.

A week ago: Organizing our house and giving unwanted things to DI or recycling what papers we can. Going through some of my mission planners and telling Ron what some of the pictures meant. Being reminded of one of the greatest struggles of my life and how it was for me. I can say I loved my mission only because I gave up myself and became a newer, better person. It is so funny. I thought I exercised faith before my mission. Then I thought I couldn't have experienced the most faith promoting experiences as the ones on my mission. Well, everything since my missions has been a faith promoting experience really. And I am beginning to accept that this is how it will be for the rest of my life. *Shrug* (Keeping this as a memory for when I am teaching posterity what it is all about)

Two weeks ago: Scene: My sister's bedroom. People present: Oldest sister, Older sister, Me and my mother. We talk about the dedication of the Frankfurt temple, how I don't really remember anything of Germany, different idiosyncrasies we have as a family. Talking about life and what things are going on. I really enjoy these moments with my family because it seems they are few and far between. Moments when I really just get to see my sisters for who they really are and I feel excepted for being really me. I cherish these moments.

I read some blogs and think to myself: "I wonder what other people are thinking when they read so and so's blog? Is the life they portray online the reality of which they live? Or is it what they wish was happening and isn't? Most of the blogs I read are not updated daily and it is a way for those people to journal what is going on. I want this blog to be the same, but I also want it to be a place where I can write my thoughts and get feedback. It will be a time before it because something that I do everyday, but it is a goal to see how long I can keep up the writing.

So thanks for going on my little excursion of thoughts. I hope you enjoyed the ride! What is something you have reminisced about recently?



1 comment: