Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Coming to myself

I have been on a new kick lately of just reading things and becoming more informed. I stumbled upon a blog and I just love reading it. It helped me find a book I had read about 2.5 years ago. I found the book in one of those BYU Bookstore clearance shelves. It helped me when I was in the stage act after my mission and before marriage. So I picked up the book and started reading it again. I also happened to watch an informative documentary: "Food, Inc." which really started opening my eyes to what is really out there and what is around me. The book and documentary led me to another book, written by one of the featured commentators in the documentary. Very enlightening. Knowledge really is power.

I also have this strong urge to write. Ron is the writer in our family, but I want to write. I want to document. I want to master a weakness (perception really, not necessarily truth). I want to prove that, even though I have hated writing for a long time (thanks in part to all of those papers in college), I can do it and that I have a mind of my own and that I make a difference.

So here is my journey of writing. We will see how it comes along......

This evening, I watched another documentary on Queen. Pretty fascinating. I wonder what Freddie is doing in heaven. We made pizza, and I am really grateful because, even though the cheese is about $5, it makes about 3 pizzas and we custom create our own deliciousness. The pizza dough is only $.50 and the chicken is about $1.50. So in total, to make the pizzas we like, it is a little less thank $4. FOR A LARGE, STUFF CRUST PIZZA! And that is not with cheese on sale. Pretty awesome.

I had to go to the doctors today (had a nasty little UTI). I felt reassured that the Nurse Practitioners knew what they were doing and that my concerns were valid. Ron wen with me and it was a good experience. I remember when I was dating another boy that he and I were worried that we would run out of things to talk about. I find that with Ron, that is never the case. He has these awesome stories from when he was in high school with his two best friends. Or I will relate what I am thinking and it almost always sparks a great conversation. I am grateful for the fact that my best friend is my husband. I know people have seen me in the past, and have even been great supports, but this is even better than that. I know that that could be taken in an instant, but for the moment, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment