Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

"One is not like the others" Response.

My sister recently posted a pretty personal post and I wanted to write much more in my comment than I did because there wasn't enough space.
So I thought I would write it here.

This is what I started out with:
I don't think the question really is, "when will I begin to be loved for who I am?" Because there are already many people who love you for exactly who you are. I think the question behind the question you posted was, "When will the person who is to be my eternal companion come along and love me for who I really am?" For that, there is no answer that any one can give that will suffice the longing and yearning that you feel, other than God himself. Love the Lord, love yourself, and live your plan to its fullest. --->this is what I ended up leaving, but here are the rest of my thoughts.

So many times we want something that is good and righteous, and full out natural, but we want it now and we think we know best. Sometimes the "Great Being" gives it to us, but most of the time he doesn't. Then we start to become hurt and angry that we didn't get it when we thought we were ready, and this leads to resentment and pride. For example, I have many friends that want to be married or pregnant (most married, but some single want both marriage and babies). And it is very interesting to see how each reacts to it. The ones that have humbled themselves and have started to see things as they really are, those are ones that eventually get what they want. Most of the times it is years later, but they do get what they want. The ones that turn resentful and angry and pretty much turn their backs on the "Great Being" get their temporary reward, but years later are at a completely different spot than those of their counterparts.

I am not saying it is "bad" to have those feelings, it is what you do with them. It is hard, but it is much better in the end to humble ourselves and live life to its fullest now. I feel a lot of peace since I stopped worrying about when Ron and I would have children. They will come in their own time. It was the same way with getting married. I had decided about 6 months after my mission that I was okay with being single the rest of this mortal period, but I had a witness that would not be the case. I then almost married someone and even though it was the hardest thing to break up with that man, it was the greatest blessing also. Yeah, I was pretty angry and numb for about 6 or so months, especially because we still lived near each other, but then I had another witness that there was nothing wrong with me or that man, it just was no longer the 'right' thing for us to pursue an eternal relationship. That is when the healing started and I started living my life fully again. I got involved in tons of service and volunteering. I got outside of myself and I left it in the "Great Being's" hands. It was over a year later that I started dating my husband. Yes, I went on dates with other guys between these two serious relationships, and I really got to be good friends with a lot of guys. But it wasn't the "Great Being's" time for me to have an eternal relationship. In the end, I got what I wanted and I love my husband.

In essence, Love God, love ourselves and live life to our fullest. We are the ones who stop ourselves from doing that. It is a process and I don't blame anyone for questioning. However, we would do everyone a favor, including ourselves, to become trusting and submitting sooner rather than later. Because in the end we just hurt ourselves and those around others when we don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment