Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Big Bee Outside My Window.

So the bee is gone, but we have had some recent viewers see this blog. I hope you find it exciting because I am a newer blogger and I find that some blogs just have lots of pictures with stories and some have more substantial material. I am probably in the category of the later. But I wanted to write about some really cool insights about myself and Ron lately. Hopefully I can write them all down from what I remember because it was past midnight when we went to bed last night and I only wrote a few thoughts down as "reminders" so I could write about them today. So come with me on this journey and we will see how much I remember.....:D First of all: Went for an hour, fifteen minute drive to my sister's last night to go grocery shopping with her and to see my cute little 6 week old nephew. My sister LOATHES grocery shopping and so any company she can have she welcomes it. On the way there I blasted the stereo and sang at the top of my lungs with the windows down and my hand waving in the breeze. I LOVED it. Ron and I went on a date last night and I was craving some alone time, so I took a drive. It was beautiful. I arrived at the designated store and then chatted with my sister about life. Benji was blessed when my papa and mom were in town and it seemed like an incredible thing to hear about what Benji has in store for him. For all of the NON-LDS folk that happen to stumble upon this blog, in the LDS Chruch, when children are born, they are given a name and a blessing in front of the congregation that they were born in. This is somewhat similar to an infant baptism in the Catholic church, but actually really different. Basically, a father (typically, but not always) stands in front of the congregation and gives his child a name (the name they will be known by on the records of the church) and then a blessing. The blessing is very similar to a prayer that is pronounced upon that infant. There is more to it than that, but I don't feel this is the appropriate venue to discuss Ideological beliefs in depth. If you have further curiosity, visit here or leave a comment, and I can personally discuss more with you. Needless to say, it was great talking to my sister about what has been going on in her life and her children's lives. We also talked about my life and what is going on in it.
There were a couple of things that I came away from the conversation with. They are as follows:
-Forgiveness. I have a had a couple of conversations with siblings, spouse and friends and I have decided that Forgiveness is probably one of the important actions one can ever take. Far too much crap is held on to make people miserable. This is what I have learned: you have to love yourself and invite God's love into your life. Once you have started to love yourself, you have to accept yourself, weaknesses and all. You are not perfect, nor will you ever be. And when you mess up, forgive yourself, change/learn from it, and be a better person. And when others are that way, pray for the strength to forgive them and accept them as you do yourself. This was taught by Jesus Christ in the Old and New Testaments: Love the Lord they God and Love thy neighbor AS THYSELF. I know it is hard, especially with so many messed up situations nowadays, but if you learn how to this, you will be much more happy than those around.

To be continued....

1 comment: