Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Where we are all at

I have been blessed ten fold the last couple of days. Ron has been sick with a head cold (super cute I would say, even though he has felt miserable) and I have been playing doctor to get him better. We both don't get sick that often, but when we do, it feels like we get hit hard. That was the side note.

Back to my subject: Where we are all at. My incredible sister-in-law (shout out to my in-laws. I LOVE THEM, and could not be more blessed to know such good people) wrote a post recently describing her thoughts on homosexuality and how it has been hard for her to understand how it works while being Latter-day Saint (she is very happily married and attracted to her husband). In reading her post, I kind of had verbal vomit: the kind of vomit that we all have, but usually don't say because it is neither the time nor place.
So I made the purge, 3 drafts worth. And I still texted her and told her how sorry I was to come off so pious. She laughed and reassured me it wasn't the end of the world.

Having written those thoughts, while along with a GREAT conversation with my Papa, and then yesterday having frozen yogurt with my best friend's mom (who is also an amazing example to me), I have come to a couple of life questions:

First: Who am I?
Second: What am I doing to become who I already am?
Third: What is my real purpose and goal here?

These are questions everyone asks, but on occasion they call for re-evaluation, and I so happen to be in a place to do that.

So, what do you all think about these questions? Who are you all, the people who read this blog? What do you feel like you are doing to achieve who you want to be? And why does it matter?

-Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Hannah, I love you. I am so grateful that Ronald married you. Remember in the temple when I met you for the first time? I hugged you and told you how grateful I was that you had prepared yourself all these years to marry my brother? I still am so grateful. I love you, I love you, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronald showed me your comment and I remember very vividly that moment. I told him all my impressions of meeting you guys and it made us smile. It feels like that was so long ago, but it is barely shy of 2 years, hehehe.

      I am really excited to see you (wink, wink) next month. Is that still a possibility?

      Delete