Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Survival of the Fitest

We have made it to Washington.

Lets just say, THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR US TO BE! Everything has fallen into place. People are so friendly. Our ward is just like our previous ward: Seasoned with the flavor of life and are so willing to help. I found a job and I start tomorrow. Ron loves his job and feels good about the direction it is going. We have a great apartment. Just the right size for just the right price. It makes me think of the apartment I lived in for a 1/3 of my mission: Fontana. Not the worst area, but not the best. Just in the middle.

I love that it is green everywhere. I love that there are still mountains around (Mt. Hood, Mt. Saint Helens is not too far away, you can see it on a clear day). I love the crisp, cool fall weather. I love that there are weirdos here.

Things I miss about Utah:
The red rock-even though I only went to Moab once, I love the red rock and I think it would look great next to the green.
MY FRIENDS- I was thinking that I should set up a skype date with my girlfriends and their kids. Because I can actually attend now (I am working swing shifts).
My family- I love being where we are now, but I miss being physically proximate to my family. I know this is going to be a lot harder to keep in touch and make the effort. I really took for granted how close they were. Now it is a 12 hour drive to get to them. Not too bad, all things considered, but still, 3.5 tanks of gas :(.


Those are just a couple of thoughts. Love to all.

1 comment: