Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Portland, and how much I want to live there.

I have been to the Northwest twice in my memory: once when I was 9 and visited my dad and the other a month or so after my mission (April 2008). I remember liking it from my second visit, but I didn't remember how amazing it really is.


Our first full day! Of course, we had to visit the world-famous Tillamook Cheese Factory. It was slightly anti-climactic, but still worth it.


Also, visiting the Portland Temple...A MUST!! Even if it is closed.


My husband took this picture. The temple is being worked on, but it does not diminish the beauty of being hidden in the forest. We got lost by taking a turn to early and I thought it was interesting that I couldn't even see the spires of the Temple because it was so hidden in the forest. I loved it.




Here we are at McMinneman's in Hillsboro. Again, super beautiful.


We got to see the beach while we were there. I haven't seen the ocean in three years. It was worth it, although, I miss the warm water of Florida. It was still worth it though.

It was slightly windy, but totally worth it.


Seaside is awesome. One thing that the west coast has done well at is preserving there towns and keeping them historic. Now, only if they could preserve their lives (too much smoking in that state).

(of course I had to take pictures myself)

I loved being on vacation because Ron and I just got to lounge and enjoy life. It was really good to be with close friends (adopted family really) and just enjoy the beauty of Father's creation. Ron and I are closer to the idea of being in that area than before we left. I guess it is something worth considering, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment