Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gobble Gobble

So growing up I would usually go to a friend's house for Thanksgiving. Ron grew up that you went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for Thanksgiving. This year we went to one of my favorite places on earth: The Temperini's house. We got there around 12 and ate wonderful snacks (I am still craving Ruffles and French onion dip and wheat thins and spinach dip). Then we did a white elephant exchange. It was fun trying to figure out what I wanted to get for that. I will say for the record: I HATE SHOPPING FOR GIFTS. Period. I am getting better on finding gifts for little kids, but I am pretty insecure when it comes to getting gifts for adults. Around 2:30, with a surprise visit by the missionaries, we finally ate Thanksgiving dinner. I love simple dinners with good people. It makes me feel so happy. And then I took about an hour nap. M&D have black out shades in their room and this awesome foam top that makes their bed feel like you are in heaven. So I had no problem crashing for a while. Then I got up and ate some turkey and people came over.

We left around 8pm. What a wonderful day.
I am grateful for a lot of things, but I feel like there is a lot of gratitude that I express personally. So I am not going to post what I am grateful for just because it is Thanksgiving. I feel it cliche and you are just going to have to read other posts to find out what I am grateful for. Or talk to me and I will tell you.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment